What are we doing about this?
- We are following all CDC recommendations.
- We are following all local official guidelines to contain the spread of this virus.
- We are providing information on hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene (cover your cough) to all residents.
- We are increasing surface contamination control (extra cleaning).
- All residents going to and from our building are screened upon returning.
- All team members are screened before each shift.
- No outside visitors will be allowed in our communities at this time.
- Virtual visits are available in place of in-person visits.
- Increased safety and screening measures are in place for anyone new who is moving in.
What about visitors?
We are closing our doors to all outside visitors in efforts to contain and eliminate the spread of this virus to our communities. We are offering virtual visit options to our residents and families in place of regular in-person visits. We are closely monitoring the health of our residents and team members and are in contact with all families and residents about any and all health concerns.
Are you giving tours?
Yes, we are giving virtual tours through digital video capabilities. Again, we want to keep our residents and team members safe by minimizing the number of people coming and going from our communities. If you would like a tour, please call the community you are interested in and we can set up a virtual tour and answer any questions that you may have!
What about people moving in?
Residents can still move in during this time! We have put in place procedures with increased monitoring, qualifications, and screening measures to ensure the safety of our existing residents and team members. Please reach out to one of our Community Relations Coordinators for more information or to ask any questions you may have.
It is always of utmost importance to keep our residents and team members at Highgate safe and healthy. Highgate Senior Living follows the guidance of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in our response to COVID-19. Please check back to this page for any updates as we move through this time together.